Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday Chip Dip

My grandma gave me this recipe a few years back and I have loved it ever since. I make it throughout the year but I really enjoy it through the holidays because of the cold weather, everyone seems to love it and it makes a bunch so you can share. 

This recipe is really easy to make and only calls for 3 ingredients, Canned diced tomatoes with green chilies, hamburger meat, and Velveeta block cheese.
                                            
Depending on how much you want to make which determine how much you want to use. If you are just wanting to make some at home then you can use half a block of cheese, 1 can of tomatoes, and 1 pound of hamburger meat. If you want to make some to share or take to a party then you use the whole block of cheese, 2 cans of tomatoes and 2 pounds of meat. It really just depends on how you like it and you can play around with how much of each you want to use. 

I usually use the whole block because I like to have left overs and I use 2 pounds of meat because we like it meaty but you can double it and only use 1 pound of meat and it will still be good and a little more cheesy. It's all up to you!

So I start by browning the meat


Then drain the meat and add the cheese. I start out with half of the block, but later add the other half. I then also add the tomatoes.
 It will gradually melt while you occasionally stir it.
In the end it will all be melted and become a delicious chip dip. The recipe my grandma gave me calls for the yellow cheese, but since it is Christmas I decided to try (queso) the white cheese so that it is white and red and green. You can even add some more green peppers to bring out a little more green. I feel very festive!
Here you have it, Holiday Chip Dip,yummy for all occasions and so easy to make!

-Sydni





No comments:

Post a Comment