Wednesday, December 4, 2013

30 Days of Pinterest continued..

Day 2,
I decided to make these cute little thumbprint hearts that I found via Pinterest but had no link. My intention was to make them into key chains and let the boys give them to grandmas and aunts for Christmas presents..

 Isn't it adorable. So the directions said..

2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, cold water. Mix until has consistency of play dough. bake at 250 for 2 hours, then cool and paint.

So I rounded up the boys and they are always ready to make a mess and we started..
 


It mixed up well just like play dough.. So they had to play a little while. I didn't have a heart shaped cookie cutter so I just shaped it and put their little prints on each side. I used a straw to poke a hole into them. When they were done baking they were hardened and so far so good.


 I had silver paint somewhere but of course it was not in my bag of paints.. So the plan changed a little. I first tried gold but it didn't look so great and then I noticed they kind of looked like animals so then we painted a few faces..

As you can see they did not turn out like anything I had imagine so this craft was kind of a BUST.
But.. it was a few hours of entertainment and the boys love painting anything. So I just let them have free reins.


I do not think that this dough mix is suppose to be used to make the pendant. But it was fun to try and we got one cute little guy out it and a lot of bonding time and not too much fighting!


No comments:

Post a Comment